Latin America isn’t just a great region to work with for meetings and events, but also to host international association meetings and conventions. According to a recent ICCA study finding, while programs in Europe and North America are on a slight decline, programs in Latin America are steadily going up. And for good reason… there are plenty of places ready to host well-attended international meetings and conventions.
Throughout the region, there are multiple large-scale convention centers that are capable of holding thousands of attendees for international programs. Here is a sample of some of those major convention centers:
- La Rural in Buenos Aires has over 500,000sf of space available to hold large scale exhibitions and fairs
- Riocentro in Rio de Janeiro is the largest in Latin America with overall function space of about 6.1 Million square feet;
- Parque Anhembi in Sao Paulo isn’t too far behind Riocentro with 4.3 Million square feet of indoor space and just over 1 Million square feet of outdoor space
- Corferias in Bogota has about 478,000sf of indoor space with an addition 160,000sf of open space
- Mexico – Centro Banamex in Mexico City offers over 2,000,000 square feet of space
- Panama – the new convention center in Panama City opening early next year is over 600,000 square feet
- San Juan’s convention center also boasts over 600,000sf of space
These are just a few examples of the options abound in LatAm for convention space… and there are many more on top of this which would be comparable to or even larger than many convention centers in major cities throughout the United States and the rest of the world
For more information, feel free to contact me and I am happy to give any more details or contact info for the centers that I may have.